Blackwatch International Corporation (Blackwatch), a small business founded in 2010, provides world-wide mission critical services to the Defense, Intelligence and Law Enforcement communities. We’re headquartered in McLean, VA with satellite offices located in Carmichael, CA and O’Fallon, Ill. Additional work locations include: Europe and the Middle East.
Information Technology Cyber Security
Translation and Interpretation Intelligence
Telecom Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP)
Under the direction of the Operational CIS Principle Service Manager, but largely under own initiative, the incumbent will perform duties pertaining to the delivery of CIS services as detailed in the Service Level Agreements between NCI Agency (as the service provider) and the service operator and user (the customer). The said duties consist of: Managing the Deployable CIS infrastructure as a service and ensure system readiness at a level specified in the SLA. Ensuring the availability and quality of engineering support delivered to the customer through close coordination with NCI Agency service lines and the CIS Support and Sustainment Centre (CSSC) and the Forward Support Point (FSP); Manage the DCIS Configuration Management to ensure that all assets are maintained at known configuration states and can be correctly accounted for; Will conduct periodic risk assessments to anticipate and deal with obsolescence and initiate new projects under the NATO Security and Investment Program (NSIP) when required; Will manage Change Management plans to overcome problems identified and will also manage the uplift of the configuration baseline to meet evolving operational requirements; Will support the Principal Service Manager with the development of the annual Operation and Maintenance budget submission; Will contribute to and support the system documentation for operation, maintenance and training is updated in accordance with system evolution; Will manage the FSP recommended list of spare parts and availability of spares in close coordination with the CSSC higher management ; Managing contractor support resources and acceptance of services of contractors; Will provide input to the Principal Service Manager for the Quarterly SLA report; Will provide input and recommendations to the SLA Change management process; Assessment of manpower and O&M budget requirements; Will provide support to project managers as required through the project development, delivery and transition into service phases.
- A Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree at a nationally recognised/certified University in a related
discipline with 5 years post related experience;
- Or exceptionally, the lack of a degree may be compensated by a lower academic qualification
combined with the demonstration of particular abilities or experience of relevance to this post, or
with a military experience in a related subject;
- ITILv3 certified at foundation level.
- The incumbent must have a minimum of 3 years of CIS engineering experience and 2 years of
experience in the management of CIS systems either as a project manager or service manager.
- The incumbent must have 3 years of experience as a line manager and provide evidence of
having the ability of being a motivator and mentor.
- It is desirable that the incumbent has the following experience/education:
- ITIL v3 certified in Service Operations.
- PRINCE 2 foundation.
- Demonstrable evidence in maintaining knowledge of advances in Information Technology.
- Proven success as an operational and technical team lead.
- Member of a recognized professional body or institution.
- Familiarity with military telecommunications and information systems.
- Prior experience of working in an international environment.
- Knowledge of NATO political ambition and organizational structure.
Blackwatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.