MUST HAVE Current and ACTIVE NATO clearance.
A University Degree in Electrical and/or Electronics Engineering, Telecommunications, with 4 years’ post related experience, or a Higher Secondary education and completed advanced vocational training in that discipline leading to a professional qualification or professional accreditation with 5 years’ post related experience.
It is essential that the incumbent has the following experience/education:
- Four years’ operation, configuration and deployment experience of Polycom VTC endpoints, Tandberg / Cisco VTC endpoints and MCUs;
- High level operational and configuration knowledge of VTC management appliances such as; Real Presence Resource Manager, RMX MCUs, Distributed Management Application (DMA) 7000, Cisco MSE 8000;
- Very good knowledge of protocols and standards utilized in VTC and Unified Communications; SIP, TLS, H.323, H.245, H.239, G.711, G.722, Siren14, Siren22, and other similar standards;
- Intermediate knowledge in design, deployment and configuration VTC equipment integration with Unified Communications solutions such as Microsoft Lync or Cisco Jabber;
- Familiarity with VNOC applications including Centralized Scheduling tools, Call Detail Record reporting tools and automated fault identification tools;
- Proficient in utilizing Audio Video control solutions such as Crestron, Extron, AMX;
- Ability to configure, optimize and diagnose VTC CODECs including Polycom HDX models, Polycom VSX models, Tandberg MXP series and Cisco C series devices;
- Experience with design, deployment, testing and evaluation of communications gateway Session Border Controller; ACME Packet, Cisco CUBE, Cisco VCS Expressway and Polycom RPAD; One, or more, years’ experience in on-line performance, accounting, fault, security and configuration management of digital and analog networks and associated transmission systems to include switching systems in support of voice, telegraph and data transfer.
It is desirable that the incumbent has the following experience/education:
- Commercial certifications; Security+, CCNA, Polycom CVE; Basic knowledge of relational integrity and database design; Familiarity with military voice and data systems;
- Experience of related communications systems and techniques of ATM, TDM, Frame relay, MPLS and IP Technology;
- Experience with integrating communications systems with Active Directory and PKI technologies;
- Experience of preparing technical documentation and Standard Operating Procedures;
- Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements;
- Knowledge of NATO responsibilities and organization, including Allied Command Operations and Allied Command Transformation.
Blackwatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.